Industry: Steel, Cement and EPC
Master Data Governance at Al Turki
About Al Turki
A well-established 100% Omani owned Construction Company known for delivering high quality construction, products and services. It is one of the leaders in the construction industry in Oman with a workforce of over 7000 people.
- Duplicate data were created/maintained into SAP by the users, which impacts the business due to non-standardized master data.
- As the number of SAP users are more it impacts the cost.
- Little or no standardization to create and govern the data. This ultimately leads to incomplete and erratic data records.
- No control or ownership by functional team in normal scenarios and especially when problem arises as there are no approval process.
- Data quality problems continue to impact operational efficiency and reporting accuracy.
- Lack of necessary business sponsorship & no standards for maintenance of data.
- Reduced inventory of duplicate spare parts.
- Consistent Master data information across systems help to identify business and technology gaps.
- MDO Plant Maintenance (PM) module helped the organization’s business to maintain complete and consistent view of Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) material items.
- MDO PM also helped in maintaining the view of Technical object hierarchy, including, Functional location, Equipment, Equipment BOM and Maintenance Plan.
- The standardization engine helped to classify material descriptions based on Nouns and Attributes and international standards like UNSPSC and ECCMA.
- With MDO Governance in place, the approval process for every master is followed, every objects would be Created/Changed/Extended/Copied/Deleted/ as per the approval of the functional owners.
- Workflows defined based on the criteria for all the masters which improved the operational standards.
- Mass processes have been defined to create/change/extend which optimized speed and time.