CEAT utilizes MDO to manage their Material and Vendor Masters
CEAT was established in 1958 with its headquarters in Mumbai. CEAT is one of India’s leading tyre manufacturers and has presence in global markets, and has a manufacturing capacity of over 95,000+ tyres per day catering to various segments like Heavy-duty Trucks and Buses, Light Commercial Vehicles, etc.
The organization was facing challenges in terms approval processes. The process of creating Material and Vendor database was completely manual. This was a major challenge which also lead to issues in the approval process:
- Large volume of unstructured and duplicate Material Master data.
- Unstructured approval process of new records of Vendor and Materials.
- Multiple users creating same records across various locations resulting in numerous duplicate data.
- No intimation for new Vendor registrations lead to delay in approval and PO creation.
By implementing MDO, CEAT is now able to record the entire master and vendor records post approval workflows:
- Approval of material master at different level of business units.
- Vendor master, records are verified by the approver at the specific plant before uploading them on to the system.
- Clean and consistent master data enhancing decision making.
- Process Transparency.
- Timely email and push notifications informing the concerned stakeholders regarding new and upcoming tasks.